Sunday, November 5, 2017

Midterms

     This week, I have been extremely busy with midterms. Every Chinese language class I have been taking through the Flagship Program (not through Nanjing University) has two separate midterms, and it has been very difficult keeping up with everything. However, somehow, I have been making it through. Going to the bar has definitely helped; meeting up with friends and having a few drinks is a surefire way to take the edge off. 
     My favorite bar in Nanjing so far has to be Helens. Everyday this month from 9-10, 
Kebab, or "shaokao" carts usually look like this and can
easily be pulled around by a small vehicle like a bike
or motor scooter.
anyone who stops by gets unlimited free beer. In addition, their other drinks are really cheap, really big, and pack a punch.Because of how cheap and great Helens is, I haven’t been to many other bars. The other bars that I have been to, Clockwork and Club 86, don't hold a candle to Helen's; their drinks are just as expensive and a quarter of the size. But, I do have a favorite place I go to after I go to Helens; the food carts.
       Every night around 10 down the street from Helens, right by the McDonald’s closest to Nanjing University, a group of food carts congregate. There are quite a few different food options, from wontons, fried noodles, and shaokao (the Chinese version of a kebab), but the fried noodles, in my opinion, are especially good. However, if Chinese food doesn’t sound appealing, McDonald’s is always open.
      Thanks for reading! As always, feel free to write comments and ask questions.
     
 
A trash can full of discarded kebab skewers

1 comment:

  1. I have been enjoying following your adventure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete