Sunday, January 7, 2018

Internship/18 Days Left in this Term!

I have finally confirmed where I will be at in the next month and a half! At the beginning of March, I will be starting my internship at DeTao in Shanghai. DeTao is a large company that deals encompasses many different departments, and during my time there, I will be spending all of my time in their eco-finance department! While working within DeTao’s eco-finance department, I will be doing a lot of research, and sitting in on meetings. I am very excited to start!
In the meantime, I have been preparing for all of my finals (I have taken four already, and have another four or so to go before this term ends). There are only 18 (or less) days in this term, and if I can get my visa in time, I am planning on going to Taiwan for two weeks! Wish me luck!
Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment or ask any questions!

Saying goodbye to one of my teachers!

3 comments:

  1. When you move for internship what are your requirements? Do you have any restrictions? Do you have to tutor? Have a roommate? Are any of your current friends moving to same area? How long is your internship? When do you expect to come home?

    You are amazing! Keep up the work. It will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn! I still have to take some classes online, but this term I don’t have a tutor or a roommate! I know a few people in Shanghai, so I won’t be completely alone. My internship requirements are pretty simple: work a 9-5 job, 90% of it at least has to be in Chinese, and I can’t be paid. My internship ends 6/30, and I think I should be able to come home not long after that!!!

      Delete
  2. Shawna,
    I just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience. It has been facinating. I hope you got everything you wanted from this last year. Missing uou. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete