Monday, December 4, 2017

Old Friends and Cooking Crabs

This week, I was able to visit with quite a few old friends that I haven’t seen in over a year. They were all students from the Flagship program spring cohort; they were back in Nanjing to take their final tests after completing the internship portion of the program. While they were in Nanjing, I went out to karaoke with them, and they introduced me to some of their favorite spots to eat out. My favorite was Gugu Chicken, a place that specializes in Korean fried chicken not far from school.
Besides getting together and doing some fun activities, they also provided me with much needed advice and encouragement. For example, although the schooling portion of the program is quite intense, the internship portion is quite lax. All of the friends I talked to said that, during their internships, they were able to take mid afternoon naps every day. Thus, I am very excited to start my internship; I really need a break!
Meeting with these friends definitely changed my perception of this program. I am starting to realize that a year really isn’t that long, and that I can definitely make it through this program. 
 Crab!
Eating Crab
Another activity that I did this week that was worth mentioning was I cooked some live crabs with my friend Melissa and her roommate! Melissa’s aunt sent her 10 live crabs through the mail, and we had to cook them all within two days before they died. Thus, we feasted on crabs! 我真的是世界上第一个吃螃蟹的人!
Thanks for reading! Feel free to ask any questions or add any comments!

2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you. What you are doing is difficult and rewarding. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! It’s getting easier and easier as time goes on.

      Delete